The world needs new, people- and planet-centred approaches to enable safe, ethical and effective design, integration, management and regulation of new products, services and solutions. Our society calls for education and training that will profoundly disrupt the educational status quo. PEOPLE Community is working on a new intensive, research-driven...
- November 20, 2018
- Events, LEARNING CYCLES, MULTIMEDIA
- Anna Kirah, Co-Creation Camp video, energy efficiency, Erasmus Plus, Learning Cycles, PEOPLE project, social sciences, sustainability, Tilen Šoštarič, university-industry cooperation
Presenting a new PEOPLE video! There was so much that we all have learned in the PEOPLE project’s 1st Learning Cycle: four teams of social sciences and humanities students were applying and testing people-centred development approaches to real-life industry challenges in energy efficiency and sustainable living. How can anthropologists, socio...
- August 16, 2018
- CASE-STUDIES, NEWSLETTERS
- anthropology, Durham Energy Institute, Durham University, energy, ethnography, independent living, interdisciplinary, IoT, Kemuri, PEOPLE project, smart power sockets, sustainability, telecare, UK PEOPLE case study
We are presenting four case studies, implemented in the 1st PEOPLE Learning Cycle. In each of the four partner countries, Slovenia, UK, the Netherlands, and Czech Republic, students of social sciences and humanities worked with academic and industry mentors on a real-life, industry-identified research project in the field of energy efficiency and s...
- July 26, 2018
- Events, MULTIMEDIA
- Amsterdam, Anna Kirah, applied anthropology, CIRCL, co-creation, Dan Podjed, energy, Erasmus+, event, higher education-industry cooperation, PEOPLE project, people-centred approaches, social sciences and industry, sustainability
PEOPLE project organised the Sustainable Living and Energy: Towards a PEOPLE Perspective event as part of our first two-day Co-Creation Camp, where teams from the four participating countries got together to share and discuss the results of their research on real-life, industry-relevant case studies. Special guest speakers at the event were An...