- August 10, 2018
- CASE-STUDIES, NEWSLETTERS
- anthropology, buildings, data mining, energy efficiency, energy information systems, Erasmus+, ethnography, interdisciplinary, Knowledge Alliances, MePIS Energy, PEOPLE project, people-centred approaches, Problem-Based Learning, Slovenian PEOPLE case study, social sciences
The Slovenian PEOPLE case study is one of the four individual case studies that were implemented in the 1st PEOPLE Learning Cycle, which has just recently concluded with a two-day Co-Creation Camp in Amsterdam. In each of the four partner countries, Slovenia, UK, the Netherlands, and Czech Republic, students of social sciences and humanities worke...
- August 8, 2018
- NEWSLETTERS, PEOPLE Community
- anthropologist, Department of Anthropology, Durham Energy Institute, Durham University, energy, Erasmus+, newsletter, PEOPLE project, people-centred design, Sandra Bell, social sciences
Sandra Bell, Professor at the Department of Anthropology of Durham University and member of the Durham Energy Institute Advisory Board, is working on energy related issues and biodiversity conservation. She has previously published on religion and conducted research on the development of Buddhism in Britain for her PhD. Sandra is interested in inte...
- July 26, 2018
- Events, MULTIMEDIA
- Amsterdam, Anna Kirah, applied anthropology, CIRCL, co-creation, Dan Podjed, energy, Erasmus+, event, higher education-industry cooperation, PEOPLE project, people-centred approaches, social sciences and industry, sustainability
PEOPLE project organised the Sustainable Living and Energy: Towards a PEOPLE Perspective event as part of our first two-day Co-Creation Camp, where teams from the four participating countries got together to share and discuss the results of their research on real-life, industry-relevant case studies. Special guest speakers at the event were An...
On 4 and 5 July 2018, PEOPLE teams from four participating countries attended the first Co-Creation Camp, organised in Amsterdam. During the two intensive days, they shared their experiences in applying social sciences and humanities methods and approaches to industry settings. The special guest of the event was design anthropologist and psychologi...