- August 16, 2018
- CASE-STUDIES, NEWSLETTERS
- anthropology, Durham Energy Institute, Durham University, energy, ethnography, independent living, interdisciplinary, IoT, Kemuri, PEOPLE project, smart power sockets, sustainability, telecare, UK PEOPLE case study
We are presenting four case studies, implemented in the 1st PEOPLE Learning Cycle. In each of the four partner countries, Slovenia, UK, the Netherlands, and Czech Republic, students of social sciences and humanities worked with academic and industry mentors on a real-life, industry-identified research project in the field of energy efficiency and s...
- August 8, 2018
- NEWSLETTERS, PEOPLE Community
- anthropologist, Department of Anthropology, Durham Energy Institute, Durham University, energy, Erasmus+, newsletter, PEOPLE project, people-centred design, Sandra Bell, social sciences
Sandra Bell, Professor at the Department of Anthropology of Durham University and member of the Durham Energy Institute Advisory Board, is working on energy related issues and biodiversity conservation. She has previously published on religion and conducted research on the development of Buddhism in Britain for her PhD. Sandra is interested in inte...
- July 26, 2018
- Events, MULTIMEDIA
- Amsterdam, Anna Kirah, applied anthropology, CIRCL, co-creation, Dan Podjed, energy, Erasmus+, event, higher education-industry cooperation, PEOPLE project, people-centred approaches, social sciences and industry, sustainability
PEOPLE project organised the Sustainable Living and Energy: Towards a PEOPLE Perspective event as part of our first two-day Co-Creation Camp, where teams from the four participating countries got together to share and discuss the results of their research on real-life, industry-relevant case studies. Special guest speakers at the event were An...
- April 24, 2018
- Alliander, anthropologist, Antropologia 2.0, blog, design anthropology, energy, Erasmus Plus, Erasmus+, Giulia Sinatti, industry, interview, social sciences, video, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
PEOPLE project was featured on Antropología 2.0, a blog devoted to “practical, ethical and methodological development of Business Anthropology worldwide”. They interviewed our PEOPLE team member, anthropologist Giulia Sinatti (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam). In the interview, she explains how we are bringing together social sciences and in...