- February 11, 2019
- charging, Durham Energy Institute, Durham University, electric vehicles, Erasmus+, EVs, Jack Heffernan, Josey Wardle, PEOPLE project, people-centred, research, UK case study, Zero Carbon Futures
Jack Heffernan, MA student, Durham University On the 31st of January, we were lucky to receive a recent visit from Josey Wardle – infrastructure manager of Zero Carbon Futures, in order to gain expertise on the progression of electric vehicles (EVs) within the UK. Zero Carbon Futures is a low-carbon transport consultancy company, which...
- August 16, 2018
- CASE-STUDIES, NEWSLETTERS
- anthropology, Durham Energy Institute, Durham University, energy, ethnography, independent living, interdisciplinary, IoT, Kemuri, PEOPLE project, smart power sockets, sustainability, telecare, UK PEOPLE case study
We are presenting four case studies, implemented in the 1st PEOPLE Learning Cycle. In each of the four partner countries, Slovenia, UK, the Netherlands, and Czech Republic, students of social sciences and humanities worked with academic and industry mentors on a real-life, industry-identified research project in the field of energy efficiency and s...
- August 8, 2018
- NEWSLETTERS, PEOPLE Community
- anthropologist, Department of Anthropology, Durham Energy Institute, Durham University, energy, Erasmus+, newsletter, PEOPLE project, people-centred design, Sandra Bell, social sciences
Sandra Bell, Professor at the Department of Anthropology of Durham University and member of the Durham Energy Institute Advisory Board, is working on energy related issues and biodiversity conservation. She has previously published on religion and conducted research on the development of Buddhism in Britain for her PhD. Sandra is interested in inte...
In PEOPLE project’s first UK Learning Cycle, six taught postgraduate students will address research questions relating to the design and operation of telecare products and services, mentored jointly by Durham Energy Institute (Durham University) and industry partner Kemuri. The Kemuri sockets look like standard UK double power sockets. The...