- August 10, 2018
- CASE-STUDIES, NEWSLETTERS
- anthropology, buildings, data mining, energy efficiency, energy information systems, Erasmus+, ethnography, interdisciplinary, Knowledge Alliances, MePIS Energy, PEOPLE project, people-centred approaches, Problem-Based Learning, Slovenian PEOPLE case study, social sciences
The Slovenian PEOPLE case study is one of the four individual case studies that were implemented in the 1st PEOPLE Learning Cycle, which has just recently concluded with a two-day Co-Creation Camp in Amsterdam. In each of the four partner countries, Slovenia, UK, the Netherlands, and Czech Republic, students of social sciences and humanities worke...
- August 8, 2018
- NEWSLETTERS, PEOPLE Community
- anthropologist, Department of Anthropology, Durham Energy Institute, Durham University, energy, Erasmus+, newsletter, PEOPLE project, people-centred design, Sandra Bell, social sciences
Sandra Bell, Professor at the Department of Anthropology of Durham University and member of the Durham Energy Institute Advisory Board, is working on energy related issues and biodiversity conservation. She has previously published on religion and conducted research on the development of Buddhism in Britain for her PhD. Sandra is interested in inte...
- July 30, 2018
- anthropology, engineer's perspective, Horizon 2020, Huygen Installatie Adviseurs, interdisciplinarity, interview, MOBISTYLE project, PEOPLE Newsletter, people-centred development approaches, Peter op't Veld, social sciences
To get an engineer’s perspective on the added value of people-centred development approaches, we talked with Peter op ‘t Veld, senior consultant at Huygen Installatie Adviseurs and coordinator of the Horizon 2020 MOBISTYLE Project. Peter is an engineer with key qualifications in consulting and applied scientific research on renewable energy...
- May 29, 2018
- case-studies, energy efficiency, Erasmus+, higher education, industry, newsletter, PEOPLE project, people-centred approaches, perspectives, students, sustainable living
In the third issue of the PEOPLE newsletter, we bring you diverse perspectives on people-centred innovation and development of products and services in the energy efficiency and sustainable living industries. Why is the role of social scientists crucial for the development of people- and environment-friendly products and services? What do anthrop...